The Augusta Modern Quilt Guild
Springtime in Augusta
Mini Quilt Challenge
- Open to the public, anyone can participate! You do not have to be a member of any guild!
- Cost to Enter: $5
- Types of Quilts: Modern, Traditional or Art. In other words, any type of mini quilt!
- Dimensions: 12 x 12 to 24 x 24 or any size in between! Does not have to be square either!
- THEME: Springtime in Augusta
- Fabric: any fabric but has to include a specific feature fabric being sold at Branum’s in fat quarters in the assigned bin for the Challenge The Feature Fabric has to be somewhere on the front of the quilt and can be as little as you want or as much as you want but must be visible.
- Please do not put anything that specifically identifies you on the quilt. Each participant will be given a number that will be placed on the back of the quilt in place of a quilt label. That will be the identifying mark for your quilt. We will know which quilt belongs to whom by the enrollment form which will have your number and name on it. Please note that any identifying marks will disqualify you for this event
- Public Voting: The quilts will be voted on by any customer that wants to vote.
- All voters will be eligible for a Gift Basket. Drawing on March 31, 2016 at 6 pm.
- The quilts must be turned in between March 1 and March 5, 2016
- They will be hung on March 6, 2016
- Voting ballots will be available March 7, 2016 through March 31, 2016
- Quilts will be taken down and available for pickup April 1, 2016
- Overall prize: $100.00 Gift Certificate provided by Branum’s
- Other Prizes:
- $25.00 Gift Certificate for a Blue Ribbon Modern Quilt provided by Branum’s
- $25.00 Gift Certificate for a Blue Ribbon Traditional Quilt provided by Branum’s
- $25.00 Gift Certificate for a Blue Ribbon Art Quilt provided by the Modern Quilt Guild
- This event is sponsored by the Modern Quilt Guild. Please see the display for examples of Modern, Traditional or Art Mini Quilts! (Available to view in the store starting the last week of January.)
Stop by Branum's and pick up a fat quarter of the feature fabric and start scheming---this promises to be a fun event for all quilters! We can not wait to see what you make!